“If your body is like a car engine, sometimes it runs on low, sometimes high or sometimes, just right.”
(Williams & Shellenberger, 1996)
Sensory Processing: The ability of the nervous system to interpret information from our environment and create an appropriate response.
- Proprioception >>> position in space
- Vestibular >>> sense of balance and movement
- Interoception >>> internal sensations – hunger, thirst, toilet use
- Tactile >>> sense of touch
- Auditory >>> sense of sound
- Olfactory >>> sense of smell
- Gustatory >>> sense of taste and oral-motor
- Visual >>> sense of vision
Sensory Play Ideas: Helping Children Be Ready Learners
Make it Fun
Make it Meaningful
The adult can ….
Make it Playful